Smoldering grill lead to house fire in Heritage Hills neighborhood

February 4, 2013

By Administrator

New: Feb. 4, 1:54 p.m.

A smoldering grill is believed to have ignited a fire that damaged a home in the Heritage Hills neighborhood Feb. 2.

Eastside Fire & Rescue crews responded to the report of flames coming from a home on the 22000 block of Northeast 26th Place at 11:09 p.m, according to an EFR press release. The occupants were sleeping at the time but were able to evacuate by the time firefighters arrived.

EFR and Redmond Fire Department units extinguished the flames that were creeping up the rear of the home and into the attic and spent several hours making sure the blaze didn’t reignite. All told, the fire caused approximately $75,000 worth of damage to the home and $50,000 worth of smoke and water damage to the contents.

King County fire investigators believe the fire originated in an outdoor grill that had not been fully extinguished.

Bookmark and Share
Other Stories of Interest: , ,

Comments

Got something to say?

Before you comment, please note:

  • These comments are moderated.
  • Comments should be relevant to the topic at hand and contribute to its discussion.
  • Personal attacks and/or excessive profanity will not be tolerated and such comments will not be approved.
  • This is not your personal chat room or forum, so please stay on topic.